How to Manage Notifications on Apple Watch
The Apple Watch is designed to help you receive alerts in a number of ways; including visually, audibly, and through touch. Luckily, if you happen to miss the notification, you can find it saved in the Notification Center. Being able to get notifications delivered to you faster is one of the nice features about the Apple Watch. Unfortunately, your notifications can easily begin to pile up if you don't know how to regularly clear them.
Following these steps to learn how to manage the your notifications on Apple Watch.
- Press the digital crown on the side of the device. You'll want to be viewing your watch face to begin navigating this process.
- Swipe your finger down on the screen. This will cause the device to display the Notification Center. If you've never cleared your notifications, you should notice quite a few alerts here.
- Locate the notification you no longer wish to see and swipe it. In order to correctly swipe the notification, you'll need to move your finger from right to left. You should notice an "X" button appear.
- Tap the X. This button will clear the notification.
While this is handy, you'll likely notice that this isn't a very viable method for clearing a large number of notifications. Refer to the following steps to clear notifications in bulk.
- Press the digital crown button on your device. This will help you to return to your starting point once again.
- Swipe down on the screen. Again, this will display your Notification Center.
- Use a "Force Touch" on your Notification Center. This type of gesture is described by Apple to be a quick, firm press on the screen. If the gesture is too light, you might accidentally select an item on the screen. But you should also steer clear of using too much force to avoid possibly breaking the device.
- Select the "X" button. Once you've chosen this, you should notice all of your notifications clear out.
Keep these two methods in mind for when you're simply tired of seeing a build up in notifications. As always, stick around on the site for more help and news regarding the Apple Watch!