How to use Do Not Disturb on Apple Watch
Many Apple lovers will recognize the "Do Not Disturb" feature from many of their devices. As you would expect, this feature works in virtually the same fashion for the new Apple Watch. "Do Not Disturb" is designed to temporarily disable notifications so that you can focus more easily on other tasks at hand or catch up on some sleep.
Like with other Apple devices, the "Do Not Disturb" feature can be toggled on and off from the settings area. You also have the option for mirroring these settings changes so that they apply on more than one device.
You can easily enable the "Do Not Disturb" mode on your Apple Watch by using the following instructions.
- Launch "Settings." You can navigate to this area by selecting the small, circular icon that displays a gear.
- Select "Do Not Disturb." This option should be immediately visible on the screen after opening the "Settings" app. If it isn't, scroll until you see it.
- Toggle the "Do Not Disturb" switch. As you can see, this setting can be easily turned on and off using the switch. If you'd later like to disable this setting, return to this area and toggle it back off.
As previously stated, you can mirror this setting change to your iPhone. This is only possible if you have already paired your iPhone to your Watch using the Apple Watch companion iPhone app. If you've already paired the two devices, you should see your iPhone switch into "Do Not Disturb" mode when you toggle it from your Watch.
If you aren't sure how to set up your Apple iPhone to mirror your Apple Watch, you can follow these simple steps to quickly get going.
- Using your iPhone, launch the Apple Watch app. Included in Apple iOS 8.2 was the new Apple Watch companion app. It is a mandatory app that cannot be deleted, so if you don't notice it on your iPhone, you will likely need to update to the latest iOS version. After this app has been added to your phone, you'll find it adorned with a black icon featuring a white wrist watch image. Tap it to open the software.
- Choose "My Watch" > "Do Not Disturb." Here, you'll notice a toggle switch for "Mirror iPhone." Switch this so that it is on.
Keep in mind that it's possible to toggle the "Do Not Disturb" setting using the iPhone as well. You can find this setting in Settings > Do Not Disturb. Remember that your "Repeated Calls" and "Allow Calls" settings will be mirrored also.
[button color="black" size="medium" link="http://www.epelican.com" target="blank" ]Back to ePelican.com[/button]