5 Things To Do Before You Sell Your iPad
Sell Your iPad
Congratulations! You’re finally taking the plunge and buying the newest iPad. Naturally, you want to sell your old device. But before you race into the marketplace to sell your iPad, you and your merchandise need to be ready for action.
It’s amazing how many people decide, ‘I want to sell my iPad’, only to rush out, completely unprepared and in the dark. Most drivers wouldn't think of trading in their old vehicle unless it was cleaned to spotless perfection. Yet, these same individuals don’t think twice about unloading an old device without the least bit of preparation. Don’t be one of the misled. If you’re really serious about selling your iPad, here are 5 things to do before you sell your iPad:
1. Back-up Your Device. Do you really want to have to start from scratch? Re-take all your pictures and videos, and re-download all your apps on your new iPad one by one? No one in their right mind would want to do that. Besides, you can't recreate the video of your awesome basketball trick shot or your the picture of your favorite concert, unless you have a delorean of course.
2. Destroy That Data. This seems like an obvious step. Incredibly, however, not everyone remembers to do it. No question about it, this is crucial. Unless you don’t mind strangers getting a glimpse at items such as photos of your birthday party and the embarrassing things you did; personal messages; bank account and credit card info; and all other content meant for "your eyes only". If protecting your privacy is a matter of any importance, zap every last kilobyte from memory until the hard drive of that iPad is nothing but a blank slate. It’s easy to do. If you don't know how, click here.
3. Come Clean. Like a car, a clean iPad holds its value better than one that appears to be a dust storm survivor. So before you waltz out to sell your goods, grab a cloth and go to work on any accumulated dirt and grime. This means you’re plunging deep into corners, crevices, ports, and any other sections of iPad real estate. Remember, even if your iPad could win the gold medal for speed and performance, a shabby device will hammer down the price quicker than Thor.
4. Remove SIM. This wont apply to all iPads, but the ones with 3G/4G capabilities have a SIM card slot that house a SIM card from either AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint. You don't want to have to pay the $10-15 for a new SIM card, so don't forget it! These also hold valuable information such as contact lists and emails.
5. Any Last Words? This might sounds cheesy, but we feel sentimental and almost connected to our devices (no pun intended). Just know that it will be cherished by it's new owner just as you once did.
Once you’re ready to sell your iPad, you might want to consider the leader in iPad recycling ePelican. Just don't forget the 5 things to do before you sell your iPad so you can get the most for your device.